POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Site + Rad slowdown : New Site + Rad slowdown Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  New Site + Rad slowdown
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 30 Jul 2001 02:31:26
Message: <3b64ff3e@news.povray.org>
I've finally decided to redesign my old site, haven't touched it in over 2
years, and upload many of my new images. I decided to go with a Pov inspired
interface, at least with the front page. Please take a look and tell me what
you think, you need the Flash plugin. There isn't anything there beyond the
front page for now.

http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/test.htm

Below are the two images I rendered for this. The pure black and white one
took about 5 min to render and the colour one took over 2 1/2 days, can
anyone explain this huge discrepancy? I've used rather high radiosity
settings, but both images use the same settings.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'front page ON.JPG' (38 KB) Download 'front page OFF.JPG' (33 KB)

Preview of image 'front page ON.JPG'
front page ON.JPG

Preview of image 'front page OFF.JPG'
front page OFF.JPG